Quick Start Manual SDR MK1.5 Andrus
- You can use USB cable to supply power to the unit (requires Y cable for drawing power from two USB sockets simultaneously (630mA).- You will need to download and install USB drivers when using USB cable for the Radio signal.
- No additional drivers are needed when it is connected through Local Area Network (Ethernet).
- Andrus SDR will acquire Ethernet IP address from the DHCP server in your network.
- SDR radio softwares have the discovery mode for finding the Andrus SDR in the local network.
Please make sure that following ports are open in firewall in your computer
- The default SDR TCP port is 50000
- The default UDP ports are 48322 and 48321
The following software supports sdr mk1.5 natively over network
(including download link):
Mac OS X: SdrDx, download at http://fyngyrz.com/?p=915;
Windows: SDR-radio, download at: http://sdr-radio.com;
Cute SDR SE, download at http://code.google.com/p/cutesdr-se/
The following software supports sdr mk1.5 natively over USB
Windows: HDSDR, download at: http://www.hdsdr.de/
How to set up network connection?- Install latest firmware from http://code.google.com/p/sdr-mk15/
- Install cutesdr-se (ordinary cutesdr does not support full bandwidth for MK1.5 radio) from http://code.google.com/p/cutesdr-se/
If your network has DHCP:
- Go to Network menu in cutesdr-se and press "Find SDR". Radio sould appear.
- Select the discovered radio and then press "Run" on the main screen.
If your network does not have DHCP:
- Connect radio to your computer using USB cable and install drivers as shown in installation guide
- With terminal program, open the SDR MK1.5 serial port and open terminal connection. I prefer Hercules terminal program, http://www.hw-group.com/products/hercules/index_en.html
- Enter following commands:
ip (your ip address, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
gw (your gateway address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
netmask (you rnetmask address, most likely 255.255.255.0)
Each command saves the value to flash as well, so after all commands are entered, you can restart the radio and then use the cutesdr-se "Network" -> "Find SDR" command as was described for DHCP.
Modification of MK1.5 ‘Andrus’ to cancel USB data noise
November 8, 2013
To eliminate USB data noise you must connect USB connector to general ground. Easiest way is to open device, unscrew PCB from frame and resolder existing wire as shown on picture.